Glenn's Poker Journal

Husband to FeliciaLee.. here are some of my poker adventures in 'bilking the internet poker machine, six dollars at a time' (--quoted from Sean, Anisotropy).

Name:
Location: United States

NOT a poker blogger!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

How about a show of support?

OK, Felicia is getting raked over the coals for providing the same candid journal that everyone has always been gratefull for.. So where's the show of support?

Before she started posting her own webpage, she had posted periodic tournament and cardroom reports and opinions on certain forums. So many people liked it that they asked her to post in this forum and that forum as well. "Can I put your story up on my website? It was just so good I want to share!" This is the type of response that she would get. Finally, one of the bloggers got her to do her own page so that she wouldn't have to be transferring her reports and stories all over from one place to the next. This she did for the readers, not for herself.


Time and again she gets flamed for stating her mind on her own personal journal, which she started for her readership, not just for her. How about some of you people that really enjoy the candid opinions letting her know? She considering stopping. I'm sure some of the readers that can't take her straight-forward, no-holds-barred approach would probably love it, even though you'll hate it at the same time. For those that would hate to see her stop, please tell her! Let her know how much you appreciate the blog. She took down comments, but you can still email her (she just posted her addy) and let her know that you'd like to continue to see her work.

Posted by Glenn

5 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Well... I tried to convince her otherwise, but it didn't work. I don't think anyone should let a few angry emails or comments force them to change what they're doing. However, blogs are personal and people who have blogs are free to do what they want with them. I certainly don't begrudge her that.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An old axiom is that you cannot please all the people all the time. This is especially true of free thinkers. Forum flames? why even worry about them? Everyone has an opinion and only the foolish believe that they are never wrong, you can never win a fool over or please them. It is much better to leave them in thier land of fantasy to suffer thier own lessons.
I for one like Felicia's comments and observations. It really isn't important or should it even be relavent to her if I agree with her on everything. She after all is presenting her opinion.
Jon from Poker Clan.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Ignatious said...

i concur with the prior thoughts. and i hate to see the haters and trolls win, especially when fel writes one of the more honest and thought-provoking blogs out there.

5:35 PM  
Blogger BadBlood said...

It's funny, Paul Phillips often gets some of the same crap on his LiveJournal. He's of the opinion that it's his journal, his thoughts, everyone else can just bugger off.

I appreciate her thoughts, even when she mis-reads my sexuality ;)

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent Felicia an email with my thoughts on the comments others had made. It's a shame. In the end you have to do what you feel the most comfortable with but there are always going to be people who single you out for abuse. I think the best way to put it in perspective is to remember that most of those people are saying much more about themselves than they are about you when they post mean and hateful things.

Perhaps my take is a little different because I come from the old school internet days of Usenet and fights, battles, lies, etc. were simply the norm. I even had one guy find out where I worked and he called my employer in an attempt to get me fired because he didn't like what I had said in a post.

There's just to much to really worry about in life to let these kinds of folks get under one's skin.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home